Here's the deal: they suck and they couldn't care less about customer service if they tried. Here's my story: I chose a dentist from their plan and went to him in good faith.

He said I had a pocket between my tooth and gum and that I needed a root canal. He performed the service improperly (unbeknownst to me at the time). After several months' worth of billing issues with this knucklehead I switched to a new dentist. He x-rayed the tooth in question and found that not only did I need another root canal, but the crown wasn't fitted properly.

Delta Dental denied the claim, saying that they only cover a crown every 5 years. As per the Delta Dental "customer service" rep's advice I disputed the denial and requested that Delta Dental go after the first dentist to recoup OUR monies and get this tooth handled properly. They took a look at this improperly fitted crown sitting on top of a still-infected tooth and decided that somehow this was my fault. So my dentist sends them information detailing the improper care .

. . I send them a certified letter explaining that the tooth doesn't fit right and is causing problems when I chew . .

. and they decide to let their buddy keep the money. They don't care about me or my dental health. Only the premiums.

I'm paying $100/month for a dental company that not only keeps crappy dentists on their plan, but also fails to support their paying customers. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT OPEN ENROLLMENT TO KICK THIS BUNCH OF WORTHLESS MONEY-GRUBBERS TO THE CURB.

Product or Service Mentioned: Delta Dental Dental Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 24, 2017.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1307093

I have always found dental insurance to be rather worthless. You really don't get much for your premiums.

Best to just save your money and when you have a problem, go to your own dentist in private practice---never one of the dental mills---and pay for whatever you need done.

You will come out ahead overall. A root canal and a new crown only costs something like two grand if both are done.